There is no charge for babies or young children under two sleeping in their own cot. Please note that we do not provide cots and highchairs.
Check-out before 10:30am. Check-in after 3:00pm.
Terms and Conditions
- A deposit of 50% is required to secure a booking. Payment of the rental deposit constitutes the clients acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Balance of the rental amount must be received in full 3 days prior to occupancy or, if not, the owner has the right to cancel the booking.
- The deposit is refunded in full if cancellation is received 21 days prior to initial arrival date. If less than 21 days’ notice is given, the deposit may be refunded if a replacement booking is obtained.
- Our tariff is based on a per person basis with two persons per bedroom and should extra beds or rooms be used you will be charged for the use of these facilities. The number of guests should not exceed the number state when booking, or subsequently agreed in writing or email. Fees will apply for excess guests not agreed with the owners in advance.
- We reserve the right to request payment in full for any outstanding charges that apply to your booking. This includes extra cleaning, additional guests, extended stays not previously agreed, late check-outs, extra bedrooms occupied beyond those booked, repairs or damage to the property, lost keys, removal of any item that is supplied for your use while a guest including toiletries and magazines.
To maintain a good standard for our guests we require certain conditions to be complied with. We appreciate most will respect our property but the occasional misuse requires that we state the following conditions.
- Parties and functions are strictly prohibited. The price charged is for domestic use only, not commercial, and does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs, etc. Use contrary to this may result in additional payments.
- Damage, Theft and Loss are the tenant’s responsibility during their stay. The owners take no responsibility for the tenant’s personal property.
- On departure the property should be left in a similar state to its condition on arrival. Checkout time as notified is to allow time to prepare the property for the next guests
- Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination of the rental.
- Loss of the key by the tenants will incur a charge of $50 for the replacement of lock barrels and new keys. If guests make the Masterlock inoperable there will be a fee of $100 for its replacement.
- Cowen House is a non-smoking property.
The property and its contents, equipment and appliances are checked regularly and believed to be in good working order. The proprietors of Cowen House cannot accept responsibility for circumstances beyond their control in the unlikely event of mechanical breakdown, plumbing or wiring problems, inclement weather, etc. The owners reserve the right to alter, adjust or cancel bookings where operational or other issues prevent the use of the property by guests and shall not be liable for any costs arising out of said cancellation.
Variations to these conditions may only be made by prior arrangements with the owner in writing.